It’s no secret that Mediterranean cuisine is among the most popular in the world. Renowned for its outstanding flavor and remarkable health benefits, this diet began gaining steam in the fifties, and since then, it’s only grown in admiration! For years, those following a cruelty-free diet felt obligated to write off this traditionally meat-centric craze. No more! With help from our NYC restaurant that serves vegan Mediterranean cuisine, diners from every background can enjoy this nutritious phenomenon!
City Roots Hospitality is proud to present the newest addition to our restaurant family: Anixi! Conveniently located in the hip Chelsea area, this stunning new establishment presents vegan Mediterranean cuisine in a whole new way, introducing fresh, gorgeous foods inspired by the cultures of Greece, Lebanon, Syria, and Turkey.
Our fully inclusive menu is designed with true joy, offering every diner the same unique chance to enjoy foods from this ancient culture. Whether cruelty-free, gluten-free, or kosher, your guests are guaranteed to find something to love! Simply come down to our Chelsea location or place an order for pickup or to-go.
The Inspiring Power of Vegan Mediterranean Cuisine
A truly memorable cuisine is about far more than health; it’s about flavor and the ability to offer enough options to keep guests from any background stimulated, entertained, and begging for more.
If there’s anything vegan Mediterranean cuisine can do, it’s present options!
The traditional Mediterranean diet is designed to take advantage of all the flavors of the rich cultures of the Mediterranean. These countries, primarily located along the sea itself, pride themselves on their intricate, complex range of seasonings. From herbaceous rosemary and oregano to the subtle heat of fresh paprika and peppers, diners at Anixi can rest easy that they’ll find flavors fit to meet any craving.
A diet of inclusion rather than exclusion, vegan Mediterranean cuisine focuses not on the foods one can’t eat but on all the delicious possibilities that make up a healthy diet! In place of greasy meat, diners enjoy stunning options like protein-rich mushrooms, chickpeas, and the most mouthwatering meat replacements on the market.
A touch of high-quality olive oil and indulgent vegan wines ensure that no one leaves this table wanting more!
Much of the traditional Mediterranean diet consists of “snack” style foods: dips, spreads, and flatbreads that encourage eating small portions throughout the day rather than large meals. Anixi stays true to that tradition, offering a host of dips and mezze options that allow guests to personalize their meal to their preference.
You’ll adore the opportunity to sample the flavors of:
- Whipped “ricotta” dip, made with Monty’s almond and cashew ricotta, with apricots, Aleppo peppers, and saffron
- Kabocha squash dip, flavored with harissa, preserved lemon cream, and sweet date honey
- “Beef” lahmacun, rich with garlic, tomatoes, ground “beef,” onions, Aleppo peppers, fresh parsley, lemon, and traditional labneh
- Our fire-roasted eggplant flatbread, topped with tomato marmalade, caramelized cipollini onions, whipped “ricotta,” mint, and pomegranate molasses
With nearly twenty small-dish options to choose from, treat yourself to a tour of the Mediterranean, ordering as many dishes as you need to split among friends, share with family, and grow closer through the power of a truly unique dining experience.
Small plates may offer a beautiful chance for variety, but some days, you just need a large meal to sink your teeth into. Anixi is once again ready to serve, with a wide variety of unforgettable entrees to choose from!
Just one bite and you’ll be dying for more of our crowd-pleasing favorites:
- The kofta kabob served with filling cinnamon and cumin infused “beef,” flavored with tahini, parsley, and sumac
- Our grilled “steak” shish kabob is made from Chunk Foods steak, grilled onions, and tahini with a garlic herb tapenade
- The wild mushroom kabob, with a stunning assortment of portobello, crimini, and oyster mushrooms, alternated with compressed tofu and seasoned with mint and pomegranate molasses
- Arak cured “salmon” risotto served with arborio rice, lemon cream, asparagus, puree, wakame powder, and micro seagrass
Pair any of these outstanding sides with one of our sides for a culinary experience you won’t soon forget!
Dining with Anixi
A true celebration of vegan Mediterranean cuisine, Anixi takes the representation of this amazing culture with the utmost seriousness and respect. Similarly, our professionally trained cooks take the time to ensure that every guest, no matter their background or culinary preference, can find a nutritious, creatively inspired meal to enjoy!